Hope 4 Barking Dagenham (H4BD) represents the churches of Barking and Dagenham working in partnership together in order to demonstrate God’s love AND compassion for the homeless in the Borough. It brings hope to the hopeless and hope to the homeless of Barking & Dagenham.
H4BD aims to provide an all-year seven-day emergency temporary accommodation, for around 15 people sleeping rough in Barking and Dagenham. We offer the service free of charge to guests. Guests gain support to receive:
- benefits and permanent accommodation.
- emotional spiritual care
- hands-on support.
- a safe, secure and warm place to sleep,
- a shower, clean clothes, a hot meal and breakfast
- support they need to rebuild their life
- help to deal with their problems
Accommodation is provided for:
- single men or women
- who slept rough
- not under the influence of drugs or alcohol and had no record of violence and abuse.
Whilst staying at H4BD, they see God’s love and care for them in action and have the opportunity to hear how God loves them and how they can have a relationship with Him.
H4BD are grateful for the support of Barking Churches Unite (BCU), Barking & Dagenham Churches, Hope 4 Havering, Metropolitan Police, Barking & Dagenham Council, Greggs, Bakery, Nandos, Fareshare, KFC and Costco.